Saturday, April 14, 2012

Large Florescent Posters

I made two 28x22 florescent posters to put at the Hillsborough (Black Mtn / Hayne) exit ramps off of Hwy 280.  Stenciling and coloring in the letters took much longer than I anticipated.  Then, I created six 14x11 posters by cutting the large ones in half to put around major intersections.  Forget about stenciling those.  Don't have all the time in the world to do that.

I went to the end of La Canada Rd and took down the trail camera.  Went through all of the video clips.  Only raccoons and deer captured on video.  Sigh.  Not a single cat.

However, the jack mackerel I left out last night at the wooded/shrubbery area at the perimeter of my backyard, along with an empty clean litter box lined with Latte's blanket (RIP, Latte, please help guide Chai home), was totally consumed when I checked this morning.  The food I left by the swimming pool a couple of weeks ago was not touched for days before the wind and rain tossed it around (I think...).  Hmm, is this a good sign?  Could Chai be coming around in the middle of the night to sneak in some food from her old territory?  I sure do hope so.  So I moved the trail camera to this location, pointing at the food source.  I will check later tonight to see if anything has eaten it, and if so, refill it, in case the damn raccoons or skunks got to it first.

At one of the on-line missing cat support group I had joined, a woman who lost her cat for 9 months finally spotted her cat on her trail camera at the perimeter of her yard.  She searched high and low, all over for several miles, and then decided she should look closer.  I was thinking the same, and it gives me great hope that Chai may also be still alive and closer to home than I originally thought.

Whoever ate the mackerel, please let that be Chai...

No comments:

Post a Comment