Thursday, April 26, 2012

Huge Disappointment

Now the trail camera has been set up right outside the open garage door at Carmen's house.  I set this up after I got a call from Carmen on Tuesday night that a small brown cat that she's never seen before came around to eat at her cat's food bowl.  She said this cat came around 3 times that night.  So I set the camera up yesterday morning.

Then last night,as I was driving home, I got another call from Carmen that she has my cat locked up in her garage.  I was cautiously optimistic since most of the sightings happened not to be of Chai.  I drove in the rain, and as fast as possible.  When I got there, the garage light was not working.  Good thing my car has been converted as a missing cat search headquarters so I had a flash light, head light, feeding supplies, leather gloves (in case I need to handle Chai who may have gone quite wild by now), extra flyers, staple gun, duct tape, etc.  I took the flash light and searched in the garage, first under the cat, then under the old beds that were in a spare room off of the garage.  I found a cat, but not it was NOT Chai.  A black (or dark brown) and gray marbled/striped tabby.  A cute cat, but definitely not Chai.
 Brown (or Gray) and Black Marble Tabby

The adult grand daughter thought that was my cat, but Carmen said the cat she was did not have any stripes, and all brown.  I was disappointed, but the fact that Carmen said the cat in the garage is not the cat she saw on Tuesday night gave me renewed hope.  I still thanked them profusely as they are trying to help me the best the can.  They are really nice.

I doubt that Chai would be moving around when it is raining.  She never went outside if it's raining in the past.  I think she was holed up somewhere last night, not moving around.  It's finally sunny again after another round of showers in the morning.  Hopefully, it will be dry tonight so that Chai would come around.  I hope it is Chai that Carmen saw the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment