Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Promising Lead

Very promising lead came in early in the evening yesterday.  Tina who lives at 1585 Black Mountain, the same location where I had the trail camera set up right outside the fence a couple of weeks ago and took videos of the same three cats of which none were Chai, called to tell me that she thought she saw Chai lounging underneath a chair right outside the door to her side yard.  Before this call, when I got her permission to set up the camera outside the fence, she was insistent that none of the cats that hang around her property was Chai.  She vaguely implied that one kind of looks like her, but Chai has cuter face.  When the camera was set up there before, she was right; there was a cat that in black-and-white, had similar coloring as Chai, but larger with shorter stripey legs and small ears.  Not Chai.

This time she said the cat she was was petite, triangular face and eyes that go upwards, just like in the picture of Chai that's posted.  She said that this cat did not look like an ordinary cat, but rather looked like an expensive cat.  She was gracious to let me set up the trail camera about 10 feet from the chair, under an awning and protected by three walls and concrete floor about 3'x4'.  Her side yard looked very secluded, serene, with shrubs around.  I think if I were a cat, it would be a good place to hang out.  I also put some dry cat food and a can of wet cat food in two separate paper bowls, and used a bowl lying around there for water.

I went back at 8:30pm tonight.  The food was gone!  I set out some jack mackerel, some leftover shredded roast chicken, and more water.  I am a bit nervous that the camera is set up a little too high.  Tomorrow morning, I will adjust it so that it is about 1' to 1.5' from the ground.  Hopefully it captured cats eating during daylight as well as night time.  This is the most promising lead to date.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that Chai is captured on video within a week.

I also got a call from Grace who lives at 1460 Marlborough.  She first sent me a pic of a cat she saw.  I think it was the same cat that I saw outside her property a couple of weeks ago.  It is so nice that people care.  I thanked her profusely for her effort and to keep on looking, that Chai is still missing.

Just as there are really nice people, there are heartless people who tear down my posters.  Jerks!!!

 Grace's photo of a brown cat in her yard

No comments:

Post a Comment