Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lost Abyssinian Cat "Chai"

Chai has been missing for 22 days now.  I am just consumed by her disappearance.  Today I got a call from a neighbor that she saw a cat severly injured on the road, just a block away.  She did not get a good glimpse of her because her friend was freaked out.  I called the Hillsborough Police whom she had reported the sighting.  They asked me to call the SPCA.  When I did, I was relieved that the cat was a male cat (but sad that someone lost their beloved pet, if he belonged to someone).  I know exactly how it feels to lose your pet by a car accident.  Happened to me more than I care to count.

I will check the trail camera that I have set up at the end of La Canada Rd for 24 hours now.  This is a new location near a dense forest/shrubbery area.  I will have the camera set here for 3 more days, and if it does not capture any pix of Chai, then I will move the camera and the feeding station to the corner of my back yard, where it drops down and near the bushes.  The food that I had set up on the deck near the cat door has gone untouched for weeks now.  Nothing comes by there.

The camera set up three houses up from mine did not capture any pix of Chai.  Halmuni was so sure she saw Chai there, but to an old Korean woman's eyes, I guess all brown cats look alike.  The camera captured a cat that has Chai coloring, but much bigger and had slightly striped legs.  Chai's legs don't have any stripes.  The same three cats came by.  No Chai.

I will set up large florescent poster boards around town this weekend.  Will also visit the Humane Society tomorrow morning.  My schedule is Monday evening and Friday morning.  So far no Chai, either alive or dead at the Humane Society.  I think about her all the time.  I hope she is safe and getting food and clean water.  I WILL bring her home.


No comments:

Post a Comment