Friday, April 20, 2012

Possum

Getting pretty discouraged here, and also feel pretty exhausted.  Yesterday, I got a call that a woman saw a cat that looks like the cat on my lost-cat poster right behind a gate at this ginormous chateau on Ralston (3250 Ralston).  I met her at West School, and I followed her in my car to the mansion.  The mansion was large and the grounds looked infinite.  I called out to Chai, but again, per usual no signs of Chai or any other cat for that matter.  This site was 1.7 miles from home, so I doubt that she would have traveled this distance.  But you never know...  Based on one account, an Aby rescuer trapped an Aby that belonged to someone 5 miles away.  The owner said the cat had been gone for a year!

The trail cam in the park captured a possum devouring all of the food that I had set out last night.  Not enough for that blond lab to eat at 6:30am.  Poor doggy :)

A Possum

I went to Joyce/Buckingham/Wedgewood area again this morning. I talked to an elderly lady (Carmen) who has a cat that lives in her garage and 4 min-pins inside.  She said she had 3 cats and now down to 1.  2 just disappeared one day and never came back.  I hope that's not Chai's fate...  She leaves the door to the detached garage open so that her cat can go in and out.  I checked out the garage.  It looks like a haven for a cat.  Perhaps Chai come around here?  I got Carmen's permission to set up the trail camera in her garage.  She was super kind and sympathetic.  I will leave the camera at the Crossroads Park for one more night and then move the camera to her garage area.  Still trying my darnedest to locate Chai's new territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment