Sunday, April 15, 2012

Food is Untouched...

Disappointment...  The jack mackerel that I had left out yesterday was not touched by any animal.  I was hoping to get a good shot of whomever was eating it the night before.  I still have high hopes that Chai would be coming around to sneak some food into her belly from her old territory.

I need to make more florescent posters/flyers and post them around the strategic intersections around Hillsborough.

So I made more posters/flyers, and drove around town with Jayden and hung them up.  Took me 2.5 hours!  I got a couple of calls right away, but one was about the same reddish-brown cat at Marlborough and Carlton.  Another one was someone who saw a reddish-brown cat in South City, at Spruce and El Camino (Brentwood neighborhood).  A couple of blocks in.  He said he never came across a reddish-brown cat, so it was unusual to him.  Which led him to call me to put posters there.  Hmm, South City???  Could Chai be that far away?  I don't even know whether I should do that.  I am so tired.

I checked the feeding station set up at the backend of my backyard around 7:30pm.  The food was gone!  Since it was still light out, it couldn't have been a raccoon.  I got excited and took out the SD card.  However, when I viewed the video clips, alas, the food was eaten by the neighbors' dogs!!!  They came in through the broken fence.  Hopefully, the neighbors keep them inside at night.  I put out more mackerel.  If Chai is near by, I hope she comes by to eat there.  If the trail camera doesn't take any pix of Chai for a week there, I wouldn't know what else I could do.  Please, Chai, show yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment