Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Double-Take

I spent another hour last night creating more florescent posters.  I posted them around this little Crossroads park and talked to a few neighbors in that area. The park, although tiny like the size of a backyard, is pretty secluded with shrubs and trees surrounding it. It also abuts a house that seem to be vacant. The neighbor next door said she has not seen a single soul going in or out of that house in 3 months. Hmm, do cats like to be hiding around a deserted house?

Also two houses up from there is a new house construction. Tons of wood and building material piled up outside, and the windows and doors open with lots of nooks to shelter a cat. I talked to a construction worker there too, but he did not see any cat around. Maybe by the time the workers arrive, Chai would be gone during the day.

So, it looks like this area is a prime spot for a cat looking for a comfortable shelter.  I scouted an area in the park that would be ideal for setting up a feeding station.  Probably on top of a tree stump or next to the fence that borders the empty house.  There is also a tree near by that would be great for mounting a trail camera.  I should also scout out the construction site to see if there is evidence of a cat living there.

As if I am not frustrated enough, Justin kept the door open to the deck and let out Java, my other Abyssinian cat.  Ugh!!!  Double ugh!!!!!!  I did not have enough time to get him inside this morning, so he's happily roaming the neighborhood.  I am sure he will come back, but just as I feared, I got two calls this morning from neighbors that they spotted an Abyssinian cat.  Doh!!!  That's Java...  I hate wasting other people's time too.  They are trying to be helpful but because of the neglectful way Justin was acting, they may not call once they see Chai and I have to deal with false reports.  Doh, doh, doh!!!!!!

The trail camera from my backyard revealed the same black-and-white cat feeding from the feeding station, and now two raccoons!  John better get that fence repaired soon so that I don't get wild critters eating all the kitty food...

No comments:

Post a Comment