Friday, April 13, 2012

Stormy Night - Is Chai Staying Dry?

It was very stormy last night, with thunder and lightening.  You rarely get this type of storm in my area, so I am sure the animals, especially the outdoor ones, were pretty frightened.  Java and Kahlua seemed a bit ill at ease inside the house.  We even lost power for a few minutes a couple of times at night.

I heard that rainy nights are really good for looking for cats.  If they were hiding in storm drains, they would be out of there since water is gushing into those drains.  I walked around with a flashlight, peering into bushes and neighbor's front yards for about 45 minutes.  No signs of any cats.

I left more mackerel and cast food out where the trail camera is set up at the end of La Canada Rd.  I viewed the videos of what was captured on my camera for the last 24 hours.  Several damn raccoons eating all of the bait cat food!  I saw one cat walking around, but it looked like it had darker legs and slightly bushier tail than my Chai.  That cat was far from the camera so I could not get a good video.  Perhaps, there will be more cats videos captured on my camera tonight.  If I don't see Chai on the video after two more nights, I will move the camera to the corner of my backyard hoping that she really knows where home is but chooses not to come inside...

I also dropped off some flyers at local vet offices, visited the Humane Society for another walk-through, and replaced damaged flyers.  I ordered some poster boards to create giant florescent posters that I can place at major intersections around town and at the Hwy 280 off-ramps into Hillsborough.  After this, I am really at a loss as to what more I can do besides wait for phone calls, visit the Humane Society twice weekly (Mon evening and Fri morning), and check my camera and the kitty feeding station...

Chai-Chai, please come home...  I miss you.  I hope you are still alive and taking good care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment