Monday, April 16, 2012

Florescent Lost-Cat Posters at Work

I got a call at 8:20am from a woman who said she just saw a cat that matches Chai's description run across Black Mountain Road near the Crossroads Park.  She said the cat was small and sleek.  I guess my lost-cat posters in loud florescent colors are making people notice, which is good.

I wills scatter some cat food around that area, post more large florescent posters tonight.  Hopefully, if she is hanging out in that area, additional people would have or will see her.  I really want Chai back at home, cuddling with me.

Now I am thinking that I should invest in another trail camera.  One to go where there has been Chai sightings.  I hear that I need to have the camera with the kitty buffet feeding station stay put in one area for at least a week to ensure that either Chai is coming around or not.  It takes about that long for a cat to feel safe to come around for food.

The trail camera set up in my backyard caught a neighbor's cat eating some jack mackerel around 8pm last night.  At least a cat is able to find the tasty treat.  If Chai is around, sooner or later, she will find the food.  This one woman who also lost her cat said she left the food and the camera out for 6 months before the camera caught pix of her lost cat.  I need to be that patient too.

Update:  Another call from a lady named Lucy who said her daughters saw a reddish-brown cat by Joyce/Buckingham on Wednesday and Friday last week.  She also said that a neighbor saw a cat that matches Chai's description and wanted my phone number.  Hmm, a cat does not travel 2 miles in a few days.  They like to stick to a familiar territory if they find a suitable one.  So either the sighting at the Crossroads Park is wrong or the ones in the Joyce/Buckingham is wrong.  Obviously, I can't choose to eliminate one without further investigation.  This means I need to put more flyers around both locations and scatter cat food in hopes that Chai comes around to nibble at the kibbles.

As long as I am getting these calls, I feel hopeful.  The florescent posters are doing their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment