Thursday, April 19, 2012

No Luck at the Crossroads Park

Well, the trail camera that I had set up at the Crossroads Park captured a yellow lab and a fluffly white/cream (or orange, as orange shows up as white in infrared videos) cat eating at the feeding station over the last two days.  Nothing else thus far.

Fluffy White (or Orange) Cat

The feeding station in my backyard is frequented by that black-and-white fluffy cat, and sometimes raccoons.  No other cats except when Justin let out Java, he was sniffing around the feeding station (empty during the day).

I went to talk to a few neighbors at Joyce/Buckingham last night.  The 11-yo girl, Lucy's daughter, was positive the cat that sat for a moment at the mound in front of her house was Chai.  I showed her additional pictures of Chai, and she was sure.  The girl saw the cat twice last week, on Wed and Fri.  Lucy has two big dogs, so I doubt that Chai would be hanging around her house.  I will rule this house out as a potential site for my next trail camera and feeding station setting.  Lucy also told me that there is an old house at the corner of Joyce and Wedgewood where the people feed stray cats.  I will go talk to them as well.

Alcy, another neighbor across the street from Lucy said she saw a brown cat on Monday run across 1370 Buckingham when a small dog barked.  She did not get a great view of her, but she said the cat was definitely NOT fluffy, but long.  Well, Abyssinian cats are known for their tubular body shape.

Funny 1370 Buckingham is also the address where a woman named Audrey called me when she got my postcard to check out the cat sitting on her backyard fence.  When I got there, the cat was still there, but not Chai.  It was dusk so she could not tell exactly the color of the cat, but when it moved, I could tell that it was more charcoal gray with marbling going on on the side of the body.  Not Chai.  It seems that she loves cats and want to help me.  I knocked on Audrey's house, but this time her mother answered the door.  Very sweet lady.  They are keeping their eyes open for Chai.  I asked her to talk to Audry to set up the cat trap she has.  I may go back there to talk to Audrey tonight to see if we can set the trail camera somewhere there.

I hope the girl is right about Chai sightings.  I called for Chai walking around that neighborhood around 8pm, and again around 11:30pm.  No signs of Chai or any other cat.  I sprinkled cat food around the curbside around where I posted the flyers.  May be she will come out of hiding and get some of the food today.

On a sour note, I noticed that about 3 of my flyers have been taken down by someone.  How could they be so heartless???

No comments:

Post a Comment