Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another Black Cat at Marlborough Road

When I replaced the batteries in my trail camera, I forgot to reset the clock.  All of the date and timestamps got skewed by like 15 months and 11 hours!  Oh well, next time I will remember to reset the clock.

Anyways, the trail cam in my backyard caught the usual black&white (tuxedo) cat that John thinks always bullies and injures Java whenever Java goes outside.  John thinks it's this cat that tore Java's ear last week.  And the stripey-leg cat came by too.  But raccoons, a big-ass papa raccoon and his family came and ate all the food in the kitty buffet.  I really hate them.  One of these days, I will set a trap for the raccoons and relocate every single raccoon I trap to place at least 5 miles away.  John said he would be happy to help with the relocation project.

I am thinking of moving the kitty buffet and the camera to the front yard.  I've never seen Chai go to that area of the backyard, so why have the feeding station there?  I should set them up in Chai's path whenever she used to go out and come back inside.  If I don't see Chai in my own property, then this camera would become a roaming one too.  I am waiting for the steel security box for this camera so that I can feel safe about not having it stolen or vandalized.

The camera set up at Grace's house on Marlborough captured on video another cat, a sleek black cat (or some really dark color).  It's not the bushy-tailed black one caught on camera over the weekend.
short-haired black cat on Marlborough
 

As long as I see new cats at Grace's house, I will keep the camera there.  If I don't see any new ones by the end of the week, I shall move the camera to somewhere else.  Still debating the next location.  Perhaps by Jane's house across the street from my house.

On a separate note, I got a call from a lady that she saw a brown cat with leopard print on Pepper Ave. in Burlingame.  Although that was not Chai as Chai has no spots, I am glad she called.  It is actually better than not getting any calls.  It tells me that people are out there, looking; they care.  Thank goodness for people like this.  It would be a horrible world if everyone is like the 85-year-old next door neighbor who actually said to me that if he sees my cat in his backyard, he would kick it across the yard towards my house.  All because he hates cats coming into his property and pooping on his lawn.  What a despicable human being.  Well, since he is 85-years-old, I probably won't have to deal with his crotchety meanness for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment