Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cat #5

Last night a new cat (Cat#5) was seen on my video surveillance.  This cat came by much earlier than other cats have (who usually show up after 10pm and through 2am, and then around 3:30am to 5:30am.  Another difference about this cat is that it did not sniff around the feeding station like all of the other cats who visited.  This one also has proportionately larger ears, dark streaks around the back and tail, and small.  It has basically the characteristics that Chai has, but not as sleek.  However, since she has been out in the "wild" for over six weeks, she may have put on a heavier winter coat.  Abyssinians have large ears and darker shading along the back and tail.  I am cautiously optimistic that perhaps Chai has come back to her old territory to check things out.  Chai never liked fish-based cat food anyways, so that's why this cat did not sniff around the feeding station.  The cat came around 9:41pm, which was about 30 minutes prior to my coming out to fill the bowl.  To entice Chai, I should leave some roast chicken and roasted seaweed crackers which she loves so much.

Cat#5 - Could This be Chai?
 On a separate note, I moved the second camera from Carmen's house to under some shrubs at Lucy's house (Joyce/Buckingham).  This is the house where Lucy's daughter saw Chai in her front yard.  I got her permission to leave the camera and feeding station there for a week.  If this does not pan out, then I will move the camera to Marlborough.  At least I have two sites lined up.

No comments:

Post a Comment