Wednesday, May 23, 2012

GPS Tracker

I decided to get a GPS tracker to first use on "Tux" (the black-and-white cat that comes to the feeding station every night) once I am able to trap him.  And then to put it on Java for peace of mind after I find out where Tux goes during the daylight hours.  Java escaped again today, and Jane called to tell me that she saw the missing cat in her courtyard.  Sigh.

So the plan is:
Thursday:  rent a humane cat trap from the Humane Society
Thursday night:  put the cat food as bait inside the trap and set the trap by the front door where the food disappears over night
Friday morning:  check the trap to see if Tux has been captured or another cat/animal (if another cat animal other than Tux or Chai, set it free)
Friday night:  set the trap by the feeding station in the backyard

Repeat the steps of setting the trap and looking at the trap until Tux is caught in the trap.

If Tux is captured, wear leather gloves, heavy clothing, and put a large towel over the cat, and put the GPS collar on Tux.  Start tracking him.

I am nervous, hoping this works to find where Tux hangs out during the day.  Giving the animal communicator the benefit of doubt, I will see if Tux leads me to Chai.  If not, I will need to follow the GPS tracker, find Tux, and take the GPS device from him.

At Jane's house, no new cats have come by last night.  Just the chubby regular gray-and-white cat, the thinner gray-and-white cat, and the gray-and-white marbled long-haired cat.  "Fuzzy" who came by my backyard a couple of weeks ago showed up here, sprayed the wooden-barrel planter, and left.  Definitely an unneutered male cat.  And of course raccoons came by and ate almost everything.  Jane doesn't want me to attract raccoons anymore, so I will be moving the feeding station to the backyard, closer to the Avondale side.  Chai may not be coming to the front yard since it's the chubby gray-and-white cat's territory.

In my backyard, Tux came along as per usual, and Stripey-Legs showed up just briefly.  And a new cat!  An all-black cat:

The total number of unique cats that have visited my feeding station is 8 now, with Tux being the most regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment