Monday, May 21, 2012

Busy Busy Weekend

The second trail camera has been set up at Jane and Carl Anderson's house across the street for 3 days.  Funny thing is that their house is yellow/beige and also has wine-barrel planters.  Lots of flowering shrubs in the front courtyard, and the backyard is very well-landscaped and immaculate.  Looks a lot like what the animal communicator Hilary has said.  Roshanne who lives next door to Anderson's have twin daughters aged 9, who runs around outside giggling and laughing a lot.  Is Hilary describing this area?  However, Chai is not hearing me calling out to her nightly, and still no signs of Chai here or in my yard.  I checked Roshanne's and Jerry's backyards, but no signs of any cats there, at least during the daytime.  Roshanne has a large German shepherd dog, and because of her, Roshanne does not think that any cats would come into her backyard.  However, when I was going over the grounds, Roshanne and I both saw a pretty fresh cat hairball right next to the pool.  Roshanne swears that she did not see that the day before.  So just because there is a dog in the house does not mean that a cat does not go inside it.

The camera at Jane's house caught 4 different cats on video, including that mysterious black-and-white tuxedo ("Tux") cat whose owner I need to find.  Tux did not show up at my house on the 19th.  But it did show up at Jane's:

Black-and-White "Tux" at Jane and Carl's House
The other cats that were frequent visitors at Anderson's are:
"The Regular" - Chubby Gray & White Stray that Andersons Feed Every Day

Gray-and-Black Marbled Long-Haired with White Chest and Paws that also shows up regularly now in my back yard

Thinner Gray & White at Anderson's
And I have even more black-and-white video footage of these cats noshing at night.

Besides the video surveillance, I went door-to-door handing out missing-cat flyers on Black Mountain, Marlborough, Carlton, Avondale, and Bairn.  To whomever was around, I asked about "Tux".  Many have seen him around, on all of these streets, but no one knows to whom he belongs.  One commented on the fact that he is a vicious cat.  Sounds like a dominant cat, like Hilary said.

With all these flyers out there, no one has called which means that no one has seen Chai.  So I debated the next step.  I will need to give Hilary the animal communicator a benefit of doubt, and find out where Tux hangs out during the day.  This may be where Chai is.  In order to do this, I will need to trap him, put a GPS tracker on him, and determine his daytime location.  Operation "Trap Tux" will start this Memorial Day weekend.  I just ordered the GPS device via Amazon.  I will need to rent the humane cat trap from SPCA at the end of the week.

On a separate note, I have been putting out a small dish of dry cat food outside my front door.  For more than 2 weeks, the food was not touched.  Then yesterday, I noticed that the food had disappeared.  So I put out some more food last night.  This morning, the food was gone.  My front door is set about 8-feet deep from the side walls, so it's pretty secluded and sheltered.  I will move the camera here one day and see what is eating the food.  I hope it's not raccoons or birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment