Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sleek Cat and Raccoons

It's Day#6 with the second trail camera set up at Grace's.  No new cats have come by.  I will move the camera tomorrow to perhaps Jane's house across the street from me, if she gives me her permission.

The dark sleek cat came by during the daylight hours though.  As I suspected, he is charcoal gray, all one color, like a Russian blue.  I think he is intact (unneutered) as well:
The dark, sleek cat in infrared happens to be this charcoal-gray cat.
 He came by at night again and ate all the food.  Of course, the motley brown cat was seen several times during the day.

The surveillance set up in my backyard is not attracting any more new cats.  The black-and-white tuxedo and the stripey legs came by, and the raccoons.  These raccoons are getting fatter every time.  I think it's because they are eating most of the cat food at the feeding station:
 Raccoons eating all of the cat food at the kitty buffet

I asked the Humane Society whether I can use the humane cat traps to trap raccoons and relocate them.  They said that is illegal.  I cannot do anything with wildlife.  I will be fined.  So, there goes the idea of trapping them and sending them far away from my property.  Why does everything have to be so difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment