Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday, Chai!

Happy Birthday, Chai, wherever you are...  If you were home, I would have made you some freshly roasted chicken that you love so much.  I makes me very sad that you are still out there, surviving on birds and mice...  It's very discouraging that all my effort to look for you have not been fruitful; it has not resulted in more sightings of you or actually finding you.  I took an hour this morning to do more door-to-door placing door-hanger flyers on all houses on Avondale.  I called out for you as I was doing this, but no meows to be heard...

It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Hillsborough is so hilly, wooded, and houses sit on large lots.  Even if a cat is in someone's yard a lot, it would not be easy to spot it unless you are constantly looking out the yard.  Some days, I just want to give up.  But how can I?  It's the not knowing that is killing me...

I wish you would stop pouting and come back home.  I am your home.  Please come back to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment