Thursday, May 3, 2012

Trying to Entice Chai to the Kitty Buffet

It was drizzling in Hillsborough this morning.  I decided not to risk getting my trail cameras damaged in the rain by opening them up to take the SC cards swapped out.  So no videos to review today.

Last night, I went to Costo and bought some rotisserie chicken to eat and also to leave some out for Chai.  I also got a box of seasoned roasted seaweed that she loves so much.  I left a bowl full of shredded roast chicken outside and also a container of the seaweed inside the litter box that's been converted as a cat shelter with her blanket in it.  Actually, the blanket belonged to Latte, but I would think Latte's smell would be familiar to her.  I also left a plate of peanut-butter sandwiches so that the raccoons would leave the cat food alone.

I left more cat food (canned and dry) out by Joyce and Buckingham with a bowl of water.  I am anxious to see if this new location would capture more cats on video.  Only time will tell.

Today, I got a photo text from someone in Burlingame with a photo of a brown cat, but with spots and rings around its tail.  The background color is almost like Chai's but this one looked like a brown Ocicat to me.  Chai is a ruddy Abyssinian:  no spots, no stripes/rings.
Brown Ocicat by Summit Drive in Burlingame
 Although yesterday I was feeling more up and hopeful, I feel really deflated today.  I just wish I knew where Chai is.  That would be more than half of the recovery process.  I circled a 0.5 and 1mile circles from my house on a map.  She has got to be within this area.  I will just need to move the cameras around until I get a glimpse of her somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment